What is Denplan Excel
Proud to be the first Denplan Excel Accredited practice in Worcester.
To demonstrate our commitment to quality we have recently become Denplan Excel accredited. This ensures that we meet a set of exacting standards in the care and service that we provide to you. The Denplan Excel quality assurance program is the only program of its kind that has been approved by the Patients Association.
While the scheme is administered by Denplan all our patients benefit from the assurances it offers
Denplan Excel is based around an important statement of principles
- We commit to the measurement of clinical effectiveness and oral health and ensure this is communicated to patients, both individually and as a group.
- We will support patients in knowing what is being done and why to ensure their best opportunity for improving oral health.
- We will know and fully record the state of the oral health of all our patients and involve patients fully in decisions regarding their ongoing care and treatment.
- We care what our patients feel and think about the practice and will listen and act upon their views and opinions.
- We are committed to opening our practice and procedures to regular independent monitoring and to act upon the results.
- We undertake to practice using the most appropriate procedures and dental knowledge and to ensure both the dentist and practice team are up-to-date with the latest dental and customer care techniques.
As Part of the Denplan Excel quality assurance scheme we open our practice for regular routine independent inspection to give all our patients the reassurance that we adhere to the recommendations for best practice in dentistry.
We are also committed to an ongoing program of improvement and any feedback we receive is always welcome.
If you would like any further information about Denplan Excel then please ask any member of staff for further details, alternatively visit the Denplan website at www.denplan.co.uk
What is the BDA Good Practice Scheme
Peters Dental Practice achieved membership of the BDA good practice scheme in April 2009
Our Membership of the British Dental Associations Good Practice Scheme is one of the ways which we can show all our patients that we adhere to all of the elements of good dental practice
The following ten-point commitment is at the heart of the Good Practice Scheme
- We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality for all patients.
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes.
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible.
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care.
- We follow current guidelines on infection control.
- We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find.
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date.
- We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year.
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints.
- Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.
To achieve the Good Practice accolade we have met all the relevant standards required for membership of the scheme.
If you would like any further information about the BDA good practice scheme then please ask any member of staff for further details, alternatively visit the BDA website at www.BDA.org