How to make

Comments, Suggestions and Complaints

About our practice

We value feedback from everyone who uses our service.


1. Tell us. Either in person or over the telephone. 01905 764997
Our reception and clinical teams record your comments and suggestions and will listen to your point of view.

2. Complete a “Comments, Suggestions or Complaints Form” These are available from reception and can be returned to us in person or by post. There is a comments box on the wall in reception that you can post your form in if you don’t want to hand it in in person.

3. Write to us, St Peter’s Dental Practice, 2 Norton Close, Worcester, WR5 3EY

4. E-mail us, If you require a response from us please include your name and contact details on any correspondence.

If you would like help to make a comment, suggestion or complaint please ask. With your consent, someone else can make a complaint on your behalf.

Practice Complaints Procedure

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received form this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure in line with national criteria.

How to Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out Quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible-ideally within a matter of days or at most a few weeks-because this will allow us to establish what happened more easily.
Complaints should be addressed to Susan Watt or James Mein.
Alternatively you may ask for an appointment with Susan Watt or James Mein to discuss your concerns. She/he will explain the complaints procedure to you and will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.

What shall we do

We shall acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days and aim to have looked into your complaint within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you and explanation, or a meeting with those involved. In investigating your complaint, we shall aim to:
• Find out what happened and what went wrong;
• Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this;
• Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
• Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to confidentiality rules. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, alternatively we can provide a form for them to complete. If they are incapable of providing this please discuss the circumstances of the situation with so and so that we can make suitable arrangements.

Complaining outside of the practice

We hope that, if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe that this will provide the best chance of putting write whatever ahs gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. But this does not affect your right to approach outside bodies. If you feel that you cannot raise your complaint with us or are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation you can raise complaints with the bodies listed below.

NHS treatment

Worcestershire PCT
Isaac Maddox House
Shrub Hill Road

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower,
telephone: 0345 015 4033

Private Treatment

The Dental Complaints Service
The Lansdowne Building,
2 Lansdowne Road,
Greater London
CR9 2ER,
08456 120 540

The General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street,
The dentists’ registration body.

Denplan Patients
Denplan Ltd

Denplan court,
Victoria Road,
SO23 7RG.

All Care Quality Commission
The Belgrave Centre,
Stanley Place,
Talbot Street,

A full copy of the practice complaints procedure can be obtained by contacting the practice.