10 Point Dental Check up
At every check up we carry out a 10 point dental check up examination
1. Find out about you:-
- how you feel about your oral health
- if you are concerned or anxious about receiving dental care
- if there is anything in particular causing you pain or discomfort
- if you have any concerns about the appearance of your teeth
- your general health, this can have a large impact on the health of your mouth
2. Assess the relationship of the jaws from outside of the mouth and checking the face for signs of underlying dental problems.
3. Check the chewing muscles.
4. Assess the soft tissues of the mouth to ensure that they are healthy.
5. Assess the quantity and quality of your saliva as this is important in maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
6. Check the teeth to look for any dental decay, tooth wear and broken teeth and check your existing dental restorations and appliances to ensure that they are not broken, defective or worn out.
7. Assess the position of the adult teeth and how they bite together.
8. Assess the health of the gums
9. Assess the effectiveness of you are cleaning your teeth to check for areas that you may be missing
10. Consider if we will find out more information about your oral health by taking x-rays of the teeth and jaws.